22 July 2014

Tombstone Tuesday: Walker Family Plot - North Selma Cemetery (Selma, Fresno, California)


What a wonderful find!  And what a wonderful gift for the Find-a-Grave volunteer to identify the specific locations of the individual graves on the picture before sharing it with me.

Samuel Mills Walker (1827-1920) and Mary Jane Shumway Walker (1826-1910) were the patriarch and matriarch of this family.  Samuel Mills Walker was my 2xg-grand uncle, on my father's paternal side quite obviously.

Copyright © 2014 by Kevin W. Walker

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is veronica Zamora I'm 31 female who lives in Selma, ca. I always wondered if there were still family members alive to those who have those big beautiful headstones. That's cool. I go visit my baby at that cemetary your 2x grand uncle is buried at. Its always nice to meet the fault of those who are my baby boys "neighbors". I'll be sure to stop by your uncle's and leave a flower.when I go visit with my son. Hope you don't think I weird Veroica Zamora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not strange at all. You might want to check out Findagrave.com to find even more about those buried with your child, and create a memorial for your child if you have not done so yet. No charge to anyone. All volunteer. Thousands of volunteers across the country.

      Delete