24 March 2016

CDV of Josiah McKee (1844-1920)


Professionally cleaned up CDV of my 3xg-uncle Josiah McKee.  Brother of my 3xg-grandmother Mariam (McKee) Hall, on my mother's maternal side.

Josiah served as a private in Co. C, of the 33rd Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment, mustering in 1861 and mustering out in 1865.  He is part of my strange relationship with the 33rd Illinois, where I had two ancestral relatives of my mother serving in Co. C, and two ancestors of my father serving in Co. A.  A hundred years later my mother from Arizona and my father from Nebraska would meet in California, marry and conceive me.  No way they could have known.

Anyway, I have a lot more reporting to come on this interesting individual.

Thank you to my friend Christopher Evey who inherited from his ancestor this picture and still more of others of boys from Co. C.  He shared this with me and gave me permission to share it with you.  He is researching his ancestor John Leys who also served in Co. C.  If you want to contact him you can find him on Facebook or drop me a note and I will pass it along. 


Copyright © 2016 by Kevin W. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment