01 June 2022

New Sign at Powell Canyon Cemetery (Custer County, NE)

I have never visited it, but yet I have told my wife and family it is where I would like to be buried.  I consider Custer County, Nebraska my ancestral home; and Powell Canyon my ancestral cemetery.  Out of a listed twenty-nine graves, seven are direct ancestors (Phoebe Chesley, Charles H. Chesley, Candis Chesley, Warren D. Copeland, Lucy M. Copeland, Herold C. Walker, Norman Walker) and the more I research the more I learn the others are extended family.

I was doing a rudimentary search on Newspapers.Com and found the following last year --


What a beautiful sign!  What a beautiful gesture!  I was moved to track down the family and thank them.  And when I did, wouldn't you know what I discovered?  The Brooks family are kin too.

Copyright © 2022 by Kevin W. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment