12 June 2015

Certificate of Marriage: George Hall to Mariam B. McKee


Click to Enlarge.

State of Illinois, Woodford County
Certificate of Record of Marriage
I Ed. C Engel Clerk of the County Court
of said County Hereby certify that Mr. George Hall
was married to Miss. Mariam B. Mckee in said County
on the twenty-first day of December A.D. 1871
by J. B. McCorkle a Minister of the Gospel
duly authorized to solemnize marriages by the Statute of the State of Illinois
as appears by his return and certificate of marriage attached to the license 
granted therefor by the Clerk of this Court and now on file in my office.
In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and
attached the seal of said County Court, at my Office in
Eureka, Ill this seventeenth day of October A.D. 1898
Ed. C. Engel
Clerk of the County Court
 by John Leys, Dep.

George Hall and Mariam (McKee) Hall were my 2xg-grandparents on my mother's maternal side.  It still amazes me that I have THREE ancestral lines to Woodford County, two behind my Dad and one behind my Mom.  The two behind my Dad eventually met up and married, however the ancestors behind my Mom lived many miles away, but you never know!  Maybe they walked the same ground, or perhaps were even acquainted with each other.

Their minister Joseph Byram McCorkle is a character worth researching.  Son of another minister. 


Copyright © 2015 by Kevin W. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment