03 April 2014

Letta Agnes (Walker) Clarke (1857-1947)

Gravemarker for my great-aunt Letta Clarke, older sister to my g-grandfather Henry Martin Walker, Jr.  She lived her last several years in Greenwood, Illinois, relatively near the Wisconsin border.  When she died, she was buried in the Clarke family plot in the Walworth Cemetery, across the border in Walworth, Wisconsin.  Apparently her husband William S. Clarke (1823-1903), a widower thirty-four years her senior, was a part of large family migration of Seventh Day Adventists who came from the east coast and settled in Walworth.  More research on that later.

I messed with the resolution some in the hopes you can see the "Letta A." on the top.  My son and I placed the small stones on the marker to show it had been visited.



Copyright © 2014 by Kevin W. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment